COVID-19 Notification: FedEx and TNT reinstate door-to-door pickup and delivery services in India. FedEx reinstate pickup and delivery services in India.
Message from: Mohamad Sayegh, Vice President – Operations, India. FedEx Express
As India adjusts to the impact of COVID-19 and takes steps to come out of the lockdown, FedEx continues to deliver for you and your customers. We are committed to the communities we serve and in these uncertain times, we continue to mobilize our network to deliver much-needed goods and services to keep the global supply chain moving.
In line with the applicable regulations, effective immediately, FedEx Express and TNT have reinstated door-to-door pickup and delivery services to select postal codes across key cities in India for both domestic and international services.
As the situation on ground continues to be dynamic in terms of restrictions and containment zones identified by the local authorities, please note:
- The revised cut-off time for scheduling a same day pickup via FedEx/TNT toll free is 1:00 p.m. and the cut-off for shipment pickup from your location by a FedEx courier is 5:00 p.m.
- Prior to finalizing your shipment on our online tools, please call FedEx/TNT toll free or write to firstname.lastname@example.org to check if the postal code in India is currently serviceable
- Reach out to your FedEx sales representative in case you send shipments on a regular schedule to plan ahead and to save time by avoiding making individual pickup requests
- Please ensure that your recipient location is open and accessible to accept the delivery of your shipment at destination
- Please visit the site dedicated to the latest information on how we’re responding to this very dynamic situation
Should you have any concern regarding health and safety, please note that we do not require you to physically sign for most deliveries and are taking recommended precautions in terms of social distancing, regular disinfection of facilities and personal protective equipment, such as masks and gloves.
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and movement restrictions within India and across the world, you may experience extended transit times and clearance delays at destination. We have temporarily suspended Money-Back Guarantee (MBG) and restricted Collect on Delivery (COD) shipments and Hard Copy Proof of Delivery (HPOD) until further notice. A temporary surcharge on all FedEx Express international parcel, freight and domestic shipments continues to be applicable.
Please visit fedex.com/in to check the status of your shipments or call FedEx international customer service at 1800 209 6161 / 1800 22 6161 and domestic customer service 1800 419 4343 from Monday to Saturday, 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.
We’re open for business and here to help. We will continue to operate to and from impacted areas as local conditions and restrictions allow as well as adhere to all regulations and guidelines from government authorities related to containment of the virus.
Thank you for your understanding.
Want to ship a packet <<Request Pickup >>
FedEx Corporation is an American multinational delivery services company headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. The name “FedEx” is a syllabic abbreviation of the name of the company’s original air division, Federal Express, which was used from 1973 until 2000. The company is known for its overnight shipping service and pioneering a system that could track packages and provide real-time updates on package location, a feature that has now been implemented by most other carrier services. FedEx is also one of the top contractors of the US government.
Notifications from all postal, courier and logistic companies <<Read more>>